All Ways Here Are My WAYS!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Instant Wedding

I was in a coral lacey baju kurung. I remember seeing none of my friends around except for my family members. We were heading towards a really foreign place. A place I've never seen. The reason we were all heading there was simple: I was about to get married.

The place was so weird. It looked like the common area of flats - yes, flats! (WTH, right?) And everyone was in pairs - except for me. It felt like Vegas to me - couples getting married at the local chapel.

There were plenty of brides and grooms and they were all sitting next to their significant other. I remember walking and seeing couples in lime green and pink. They were all happy and excited. I, on the other hand, did not share the same sentiment.

I felt really nervous because I've never seen my future husband before. I knew nothing about him - ZILCH.

The next thing I know, my name was called out. I went up and saw the list of brides and grooms. I didn't see the guy's name though but I noticed that he had a Dato' after his name. (HAHA!) When the guy showed up, the counter dude called out our names again and this time I remember raising up my hand right after he called up mine - and so did he.

We introduced ourselves after that. He said, "My name is Rabiatul. But people call me Khairul. My nickname is Ja. You can call me Ja" (RABIATUL - ISN'T THAT WEIRD???!!!) I only gave him my real name, no nicks.

His skin color is almost like mine. His hair - well, he shaved it off. I remember looking up to him (coz I was sitting down when I spoke to the counter dude) and thought, "Not bad". He was wearing a maroon baju melayu.

We were the only couple whose outfits did not match!

I don't know how or why but we clicked. When we were going upstairs, I held his arm and he toughened it up so I can wrap my arm around his. I confessed to him while we were going up that I did not know how to cook anything. All he did was smile - not in a belittling manner though. His smile conveyed the message that we can work on that together. (Awww)

And then suddenly, we were in our wedding suite. I took off my baju kurung and wore an over-sized shirt and lied on the bed. I was watching the telly when he came in and lied down next to me. We started talking but I knew what he wanted that time. He hinted and enticed me. I eventually gave in.

No comments:

Post a Comment